- Migraine support: Vitamin B2 is a tried and tested remedy for migraines. Doctors commonly prescribe it as a headache preventative or treatment for sufferers of regular migraine attacks. Riboflavin supplementation may decrease the pain and other symptoms of a migraine attack as well shorten its duration.
- Healthy hair and skin: Healthy skin and hair requires good levels of collagen. Without enough collagen the youthful appearance of skin diminishes and fine lines and wrinkles appear. Which is where vitamin B2 plays its part. Some research suggests that riboflavin can slow the signs of aging as well as decrease wound-healing time and reduce skin inflammation and cracked lips.
- Stress and adrenal fatigue: Riboflavin is needed to regulate both thyroid activity and adrenal function. It’s also useful in calming the nervous system, relieving stress and regulating the hormones controlling appetite, energy, mood, temperature and more.
- Antioxidant: Because it has an antioxidant action, vitamin B2 controls the presence of damaging free radicals within our bodies. Vitamin B2 riboflavin is required to produce glutathione – an antioxidant that acts a free radical killer and liver detoxifier.
- Manufactured & packed in the UK to GMP standards. Suitable for vegetarians & vegans. Letterbox friendly package. Free UK delivery.
Also known as riboflavin or vitamin H, vitamin B2 is an important vitamin. Acting as an antioxidant in the body the vitamin has a number of other responsibilities including:
• Maintaining healthy blood cells
• Helping to boost energy levels
• Encouraging a healthy metabolism
• Preventing free radical damage
• Protecting skin and eye health – and many more besides.
B2 must be present in the body, in high enough amounts, to allow other B vitamins, including B6 and folic acid, to work as they should.